Are you pleased with the progress your puppy or dog, would you like to take them a step further. This course is designed for those who like to measure their progress.
The ‘You & your dog Partnership Grades’ are suitable for owners and dogs with a basic level of training that want to further their skills and work towards achieving The Institute of Modern Dog Trainers Partnership Grades. We will work through the Principles of the criteria in small classes over an 7 week period with the Assessment in the 8th week (subject to T&C – It may be necessary to work on a specific element(s) for longer than the 8 week term).
The ‘You & Your Dog Partnership’ Assessment Grade 1 criteria:
– Loose Lead Walking Course: complete a 100 metre course.
– Inspection and Handling: Handler and ‘Stranger’ (Trainer) to be able to handle the dog as per a standard vet examination.
– Recall from Play: From 50 metres.
– Sit: For 30 seconds at distance.
– Down: For 60 seconds from distance
– Trick: Perform a trick for three repetitions. Choice of 4.
– Cone Search: Find and retrieve a toy hidden under a cone
Certificate issued on successful completion of the necessary criteria.
All training is reward based without the use of force. Class numbers are kept small to ensure everyone receives as much support as possible.
The 8 week course is £85 for information regarding booking please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You & Your Dog Partnership Grades 2 – 4 Partnership Awards – dogs and handlers must have successfully achieved Grade 1 to book these courses.
Code Of Ethics
All Members of The IMDT agree to abide by The IMDT Code of Ethics:
- To train dogs professionally with honesty, integrity and in the best interest of the dog, owner, the public and The IMDT.
- Actively provide and promote force-free training methods and actively reject any methods or equipment that may cause physical or mental discomfort.
- Continue Professional development through books, workshops, courses & seminars.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of clients.
- Carry suitable professional insurance including public liability.
- Members agree to work within their professional limits and agree to refer owners with needs beyond those limits to a suitable professional.
- Provide and promote science based, proven dog training principles to a high, professional standard.
- Avoid positive punishment as a tool for training dogs.
- Accept IMDT Committee decisions as final after appeals process.
- Proactively benefit dogs and dog owners.
- Proactively promote The IMDT.