Exclusive IMDT Graded 6-week Classes have been created bespoke for IMDT qualified dog trainers and their customers.
Grade 1 Course Content:
1. Loose lead Walking. Owner may treat 3 times over the length of the 200m course, but no luring with food. The walk should include a left turn, right turn, about turn plus 2 sits all whilst on the lead.
2. Sit with no food in your hand, owner to step 5 paces away, hold for 60 seconds then return to the dog’s side.
3. Down with no food in your hand, owner to step 5 paces away, wait for 60 seconds then return to the dog’s side.
4. Recall – owner to place 5 treats on the floor and walk 10 paces away as the dog eats, when ready, owner to call the dog. Long line can be left trailing on the dog for safety.
5. Inspection Dog to comfortably be inspected by IMDT Trainer with no distress from dog. Areas to ‘inspect are: paws, tail, ears.
6. Chin Rest With no lure, Handler to sit in chair and cue a Chin Rest. Dog to maintain position as Handler mimic eye-drop application for 5 secs min
IMDT Partnership Grades can only be awarded by qualified IMDT Members:
Small group class of 2-3 dogs. This is also available for clients who’s dogs do not enjoy a group class or clients prefer 1-2-1 training. Speak to Jan for more info on the 1-2-1 option